ECYFL COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
The Directors of the Essex County Youth Futsal League are grateful for the opportunity to provide programming for futsal players, coaches, and referees in our community during the trying times we are all enduring. We appreciate the considerable advice and cooperation of the Pingree School and Massachusetts Youth Soccer in preparing a safe and executable plan to enable our players to play!
MASSACHUSETTS YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION
RETURN TO SOCCER ACTIVITIES
THE PINGREE SCHOOL PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS
ECYFL HEALTH ATTESTATION POLICY
We are most appreciative of those of you who choose to participate in this most unusual of seasons, and for your anticipated cooperation with the policies and protocols listed below. We also respect those who opt not to participate this year, as that decision is ultimately a personal one for you and your family.
For the safety of our players, coaches, referees, and staff, and in accordance with requirements placed on us by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association and the Pingree School, the following protocols will be in place for the 2021 season or until further notice:
- STAY HOME if not feeling well or have experienced a known exposure risk!!!
- Masks/face coverings will be required to be properly worn at ALL TIMES while in the building except when hydrating if properly distanced. PLAYER MASKS MUST BE “EAR-LOOP” type, NO GAITERS or AROUND THE HEAD/NECK TIE-BACK STYLES.
- Referees shall wear masks and exclusively use electronic/hand operated whistles.
- There will be dedicated cleaning staff onsite for the duration of building occupancy.
- Only registered players and coaches along with designated staff and referees will be permitted to enter the Pingree Athletic Center. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE PERMITTED AT THIS TIME. We hope to be able to offer live streaming of games for parents to view on their phones/tablets and we will advise when/if this becomes available.
- Participants should be prepared to check-in 5-MINUTES before scheduled session/kick-off and must be picked up within 5-MINUTES of scheduled session ending.
- Drop-off and pick-up areas specific to each court will be designated in line with specified entrance and exit doors. League and Academy coaches will be responsible for escorting the children to the exit drop-off areas and ensuring each child safely returns to their guardian.
- Carpooling is strongly discouraged, but if necessary, all vehicle occupants must wear masks and avoid unnecessary contact.
- Individuals entering the building must check in at the specified entrance and certify to their health and lack of exposure risk. Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry and at breaks.
- Academy sessions will be limited to 20 players per court along with 2 ECYFL Academy coaches and a referee.
- League games- Game day rosters are limited to a maximum of 10 players and one coach per team. There is no limit on the number of players and coaches that may be registered, but the maximums will be enforced at each game during the entrance/check-in process. There will be no team benches, and substitutes must be at designated, physically distanced spots on the touch line.
- Players must have an equipment bag with a water bottle, personal hand sanitizer and other personal items (jackets, sweats, shoes, Academy ball, etc.)
- Pinnies will be provided as necessary for Academy activities. They will not be shared and will be laundered each week. A limited number MAY be available for use in league play for goalkeepers and uniform conflicts BUT AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED. COACHES ARE ADVISED TO HAVE OPTIONS AVAILBLE FOR GOALKEEPERS AND PLAYERS INVOLVED IN LEAGUE MATCHES.