ECYFL COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROTOCOLS
Based on current direction from the Commonwealth and Mass Youth Soccer relative to indoor youth sports, the following policies and protocols will be in place for the 2021-2022 season. If and when further direction is available we will update accordingly!
The Directors of the Essex County Youth Futsal League are grateful for the opportunity to provide programming for futsal players, coaches, and referees in our community during the trying times we are all enduring. We appreciate the considerable advice and cooperation of the Pingree School and Massachusetts Youth Soccer in preparing a safe and executable plan to enable our players to play!
MASSACHUSETTS YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION
RETURN TO SOCCER ACTIVITIES
THE PINGREE SCHOOL PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS
ECYFL HEALTH ATTESTATION POLICY
For the safety of our players, coaches, referees, and staff, and in accordance with requirements placed on us by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association and the Pingree School, the following protocols will be in place for the 2021-2022 season or until further notice:
- STAY HOME if not feeling well or have experienced a known exposure risk!!!
- Masks/face coverings will be required to be properly worn at ALL TIMES while in the building INCLUDING players during active play unless hydrating if properly distanced. PLAYER MASKS MUST BE “EAR-LOOP” type, NO GAITERS or AROUND THE HEAD/NECK TIE-BACK STYLES.
- Spectators must be fully masked at all times and stand/sit in the desgnated areas.
- Referees shall wear masks and exclusively use electronic/hand operated whistles.
- We will offer live streaming of games for parents to view on their phones/tablets and we will publish links on our Facebook page and website.
- Participants should be prepared to check-in 5-MINUTES before scheduled session/kick-off and must be picked up within 5-MINUTES of scheduled session ending.
- Individuals entering the building must check in at the specified entrance. Hand sanitizer should be used upon entry and at breaks.
- Academy sessions will be limited to 20 players per court along with 2 ECYFL Academy coaches and a referee.
- League games- Game day rosters are limited to a maximum of 12 players and two coaches per team. There is no limit on the number of players and coaches that may be registered, but the maximums will be enforced at each game during the entrance/check-in process.
- Players should have an equipment bag with a water bottle, personal hand sanitizer and other personal items (jackets, sweats, shoes, Academy ball, etc.)
- Pinnies will be provided as necessary for Academy activities. They will not be shared and will be laundered each week. A limited number MAY be available for use in league play for goalkeepers and uniform conflicts BUT AVAILABILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED. COACHES ARE ADVISED TO HAVE OPTIONS AVAILBLE FOR GOALKEEPERS AND PLAYERS INVOLVED IN LEAGUE MATCHES.